Domino's employee helped spare two little girls from further neglect at the hands of their mother, TV station KATC reports. The mother had left her daughters, ages 8 and 10, alone for several hours with nothing to eat in a roach-infested, feces-strewn trailer. After the girls tried several times to order pizza, the employee became suspicious and called authorities, who discovered them.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits
- Special Sauce: How Roy Choi Plans to Change the World
- Mortar and Pestle + Food Processor = Great Curry Paste, Fast