Domino's employee helped spare two little girls from further neglect at the hands of their mother, TV station KATC reports. The mother had left her daughters, ages 8 and 10, alone for several hours with nothing to eat in a roach-infested, feces-strewn trailer. After the girls tried several times to order pizza, the employee became suspicious and called authorities, who discovered them.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- The Food Lab: How to Make New York's Finest Sicilian Pizza at Home
- How to Make the Most Flavorful Limeade, Summer's Best Drink
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- Serious Eats Recommends: 6 Food-Focused Books, Podcasts, and TV Shows We Love Right Now