From the New York Times: "So many people outside Chicago still think we're all eating deep-dish pizza and wearing sweat pants," [Chicago boutique owner Jake] Lawson said.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams