Jeremy Cesarec of the website Metromix goes from "pizza schmoe to pizza pro" after taking a pizza workshop and hanging out in the kitchens of a couple pizza chefs, including one at Mario Batali's Otto Pizzeria. At Otto, they cook pizzas on a griddle then finish them in the broiler, a technique the chef there recommends for at-home pizza cooks. Cesarec also gets to go behind the scenes, down into the basement, to visit the curing room at Otto.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 3): 27 Labor Day Desserts to Save Room For
- Why Tea Addicts Go Crazy for Pu-Erh