Jeremy Cesarec of the website Metromix goes from "pizza schmoe to pizza pro" after taking a pizza workshop and hanging out in the kitchens of a couple pizza chefs, including one at Mario Batali's Otto Pizzeria. At Otto, they cook pizzas on a griddle then finish them in the broiler, a technique the chef there recommends for at-home pizza cooks. Cesarec also gets to go behind the scenes, down into the basement, to visit the curing room at Otto.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- We Aged Eggnog for 1 Year to See if It's Worth the Wait
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- How to Make Boston Baked Beans, the Low, Slow, Old-Fashioned Way
- Game-Winning Wings With Stubb's Spicy Bar-B-Q Sauce