Jeremy Cesarec of the website Metromix goes from "pizza schmoe to pizza pro" after taking a pizza workshop and hanging out in the kitchens of a couple pizza chefs, including one at Mario Batali's Otto Pizzeria. At Otto, they cook pizzas on a griddle then finish them in the broiler, a technique the chef there recommends for at-home pizza cooks. Cesarec also gets to go behind the scenes, down into the basement, to visit the curing room at Otto.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- How Hot Is Too Hot? Adam Savage and The Food Lab Sear Steaks to Find Out
- The Food Lab: Finding My Mojo With Cuban-Style Roast Pork
- How to Make the Ultimate Cherry Pie
- The Food Lab: A Mind-Blowing Technique for Cleaning Deep-Fry Oil Using Gelatin
- How to Stock a Thai Pantry: Essential Ingredients for Your Shopping List