That's a lotta dough: Papa John's passes $1 billion mark in online sales. Kind of amazing, really, especially considering that PJ's has the worst online ordering system of the big three. That's a seven-year total, and the chain announced the news yesterday. "In 2001, the chain's online sales totaled $20.4 million. Last year, its online sales approached $400 million."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.