A group of 30 pizzaioli says some opportunist rivals are using the recent spike in food and fuel prices to gouge pizza eaters: "The group staged the protest in Piazza Dante to demand stricter price controls to defend the reputation of a traditional Neapolitan product which they said should be 'the synthesis of quality and low cost.'"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: A Mind-Blowing Technique for Cleaning Deep-Fry Oil Using Gelatin
- How to Make Oven-Baked Pork Ribs That Taste Like Smoky Barbecue
- Beautiful, Flaky Pie Crust the Old-Fashioned Way
- The Big Green Egg and Beyond: The 10 Best Kamado Smokers and Grills
- Win Your Next Potluck With Frijoles Charros (Mexican Cowboy Beans)