A group of 30 pizzaioli says some opportunist rivals are using the recent spike in food and fuel prices to gouge pizza eaters: "The group staged the protest in Piazza Dante to demand stricter price controls to defend the reputation of a traditional Neapolitan product which they said should be 'the synthesis of quality and low cost.'"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Easy Cocktails: 35 Simple, 3-Ingredient Drinks to Make at Home
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous-Vide Chicken Breast
- The Food Lab: These Fried Chicken Sandwiches Take Only 5 Ingredients to Make