A group of 30 pizzaioli says some opportunist rivals are using the recent spike in food and fuel prices to gouge pizza eaters: "The group staged the protest in Piazza Dante to demand stricter price controls to defend the reputation of a traditional Neapolitan product which they said should be 'the synthesis of quality and low cost.'"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Shakshuka: A Template for Breakfast, Dinner, and Every Meal in Between
- Don't Blame the Humidity: How "Room Temperature" Can Ruin a Pie Dough
- The Best Honing Steel (Not Sharpening Steel!) for Your Knife
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods
- Seafood Fraud: The Turning Tides of an Industry Epidemic