A group of 30 pizzaioli says some opportunist rivals are using the recent spike in food and fuel prices to gouge pizza eaters: "The group staged the protest in Piazza Dante to demand stricter price controls to defend the reputation of a traditional Neapolitan product which they said should be 'the synthesis of quality and low cost.'"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)
- Rethinking Vinaigrettes: The Case for Dropping the Acid
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- Flip the Script on Al Pastor With Bacon-Wrapped-Roasted-Pineapple Tacos