He tried to sell the 3,000 cases of pizza when his semi had mechanical trouble and he realized he wouldn't make the delivery date. At that point, he allegedly opted to sell the 26,000 pounds of fro-pi and pocket the cash.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- A Guide to Great Tomato Bruschetta, in Season and Out
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- 35 Great Grilled Main Dishes for a Killer Labor Day Cookout
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits