It's been in the New York Post a couple days now (here and here). The governor, to shore up revenues in an ailing economy, wants small businesses that deal primarily in cash to go legit on their taxes, which the state says they are underreporting. As you know, many of the pizzerias in the city and state don't take plastic.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 30-Minute Meal Plan: Quick and Simple Recipes to Free Up a Busy Week
- 3 Simple Yucatán-Style Condiments to Spice Up Taco Night
- Salt Lake Spirit: How Utah's Liquor Laws Foster Creativity Behind the Bar
- How to Make Rich, Flavorful Caramel Without Melting Sugar
- How to Make the Most Flavorful Limeade, Summer's Best Drink