It's been in the New York Post a couple days now (here and here). The governor, to shore up revenues in an ailing economy, wants small businesses that deal primarily in cash to go legit on their taxes, which the state says they are underreporting. As you know, many of the pizzerias in the city and state don't take plastic.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- Dinner in 20: Herb-Packed Lemon-Garlic Grilled Chicken Skewers
- 35 Great Grilled Main Dishes for a Killer Labor Day Cookout
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits