It's been in the New York Post a couple days now (here and here). The governor, to shore up revenues in an ailing economy, wants small businesses that deal primarily in cash to go legit on their taxes, which the state says they are underreporting. As you know, many of the pizzerias in the city and state don't take plastic.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Why I Prefer Teaspoons to Grams: 6 Measuring Mistakes That Derail Dessert
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits
- No Brine, No Heat: Easy Pickled Onions in Just 15 Minutes