Pretty lousy. But the new owners of House of Pizza & Calzone are soldiering on: "'The bottom line is that we have to absorb these exorbitant cost increases [mozzarella, flour, etc.],' [co-owner Paul] DiAgostino said last week 'I can't pass it on to my customers. You can't charge people $6 for a slice of pizza.'"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- The Food Lab: Building a Better Egg McMuffin
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling