Pretty lousy. But the new owners of House of Pizza & Calzone are soldiering on: "'The bottom line is that we have to absorb these exorbitant cost increases [mozzarella, flour, etc.],' [co-owner Paul] DiAgostino said last week 'I can't pass it on to my customers. You can't charge people $6 for a slice of pizza.'"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- The Food Lab: These Fried Chicken Sandwiches Take Only 5 Ingredients to Make
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous-Vide Chicken Breast
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later