A Hamburger Today
The Real World Brooklyn Goes to L&B Spumoni Gardens
An email from a friend asks: "Did you watch the new Brooklyn-based Real World? They went to L&B Spumoni Gardens."
My answer is no. The last thing I need in my life is to waste an hour of it watching a group of fame-obsessed, sexually confused post-adolescents work out their cringe-worthy issues on TV.
But when one of Brooklyn's favorite pizzerias is involved I can hold my nose and tune in. Unfortunately, the bit at Spumoni Gardens lasts all of 5 seconds, consisting of the cast ordering and eating the square slices the Bensonhurst joint is known for. I've embedded video here, after the jump.
'The Real World Brooklyn,' Episode 1: Trip to L&B Spumoni Gardens
Note: The MTV video player is lame. The full episode is broken up into several segments. To find the Spumoni Gardens bit, you'll have to get to the fourth clip—slide the scrubber bar to the end and wait for the player to call up the next clip. L&B appears at 1:50 into the fourth clip. Of course, I suggest you skip the bother and just look at the photos above, imagining a bad alternaband soundtrack to go with.
For the Record, This Is What I Do Watch
- Andy Rooney's rants on 60 Minutes
- Battlestar Galactica
- The Closer (coming back tomorrow night, yay!)
- The Colbert Report
- Countdown with Keith Olbermann (though not as much post-election)
- The Daily Show
- Doctor Who (RIP David Tennant as the Doctor; hoping Matt Smith surprises us all)
- Gossip Girl (see What Pizzerias Would the Gossip Girls and Boys Frequent?)
- Law & Order (all incarnations)
- The Office
- Saturday Night Live
- Stargate Atlantis (RIP; looking forward to Stargate Universe, even though it seems like a rip-off of Star Trek Voyager)
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles