Tipster John B. writes: "East Side Cafe in Pittsfield has been serving [coal-fired pies] since the early '50s. Nothing like it in the area. Always has a great char on the bottom and carboned edges once in a while." 378 Newell Street, Pittsfield MA 01201 (map); 413-447-9405
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later