Legendary Pizzeria Vows to Reopen
This is horrible news. I just got this from Slice reader Rob S.:
I just wanted to let you and loyal Slice readers know that I went to Totonno's in Coney Island this morning, and the place has burned down. Apparently this morning at around 8 a.m. the place caught on fire. When I visited around 1 p.m. all the windows were broken and there was serious fire damage.
Hopefully they will open again soon!
Update: The Headlines Roll In
- Fire at Totonno's pizza of Coney Island; among best pie in city, eatery sustains major damage [NYDN]
- Coney Pizzeria Overbaked [NYP]
- Blaze Causes Extensive Damage at Original Totonno's [Gothamist]
- Burnt Crust: Originial Totonno's Goes Up in Flames [MSNBC]
- Fire Shuts Totonno’s, Legendary Coney Island Pizzeria [NYT]