Sad, sad story. When divorced father of two and pizzeria owner James Gotzamanis couldn't afford rent on his apartment (pizza sales are way down, he says), he moved in to the basement of his Nashua, New Hampshire, pizzeria. But now the fire marshal is trying to kick him out—the 17-foot square bedroom needs a window, officials say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Shakshuka: A Template for Breakfast, Dinner, and Every Meal in Between
- How to Make Crepe-Style Manicotti
- Don't Blame the Humidity: How "Room Temperature" Can Ruin a Pie Dough
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods