Sad, sad story. When divorced father of two and pizzeria owner James Gotzamanis couldn't afford rent on his apartment (pizza sales are way down, he says), he moved in to the basement of his Nashua, New Hampshire, pizzeria. But now the fire marshal is trying to kick him out—the 17-foot square bedroom needs a window, officials say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits
- Special Sauce: How Roy Choi Plans to Change the World
- The Perfect Blueberry Pie: Fast, Easy, and Totally Reliable