Sad, sad story. When divorced father of two and pizzeria owner James Gotzamanis couldn't afford rent on his apartment (pizza sales are way down, he says), he moved in to the basement of his Nashua, New Hampshire, pizzeria. But now the fire marshal is trying to kick him out—the 17-foot square bedroom needs a window, officials say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Video: The Food Lab's Foolproof Homemade Mayonnaise