Sad, sad story. When divorced father of two and pizzeria owner James Gotzamanis couldn't afford rent on his apartment (pizza sales are way down, he says), he moved in to the basement of his Nashua, New Hampshire, pizzeria. But now the fire marshal is trying to kick him out—the 17-foot square bedroom needs a window, officials say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- How to Make Ribollita, an Italian Vegetable Soup That's Also a Pancake
- What to Make With Campari: 16 Cocktails Everyone Should Know
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Cookbook Love Letter: Tom Colicchio's Think Like a Chef
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)