"I used to sing for my supper in a pizza restaurant in SoHo. I got 50 quid, a bottle of wine or two and a pizza. I learned my chops, so that's why I have the confidence now to go onstage in front of 50,000 people and do what I do, because I've been waiting long enough." —Mr. Hudson, British singer-songwriter
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?