- Ted Allen: Graziella's, Brooklyn, Pizza Arugula and Parmesan
- Duff Goldman: Gino's East, Chicago, Sausage-Patty Style
- Marc Summers: Osteria, Philadelphia Margherita pizza
- Tyler Florence: Serious Pie, Seattle, chanterelle and truffle pizza
- Alex Guarnaschelli: Five Points, New York City, yukon gold potato pizza. (Says Philip: "This oven is cool, btw. Need to head here. Not for this pizza though, yuck.")
- Adam Gertler: Little Dom's, Los Angeles, breakfast pizza
- John T. Edge: Pizzeria Bianco, Phoenix, Pizza Rosa. (Philip: "OK. Seriously, JTE was my favorite food writer before this. And now that he picked my favorite pizza joint in the world, good God.")
- Aaron Sanchez: Max Brenner, New York City (and other locations), chocolate pizza. (I say: Seriously!? Does this thing even count as "pizza"?)
Philip again: "The episode was OK; I almost died when John T. came on. : )"
Me again: I think Ted Allen is right on about Graziella's. Damn fine pizza there. Though I haven't had the arugula and Parm pie.
The pizza episode of Best Thing I Ever Ate aired last night. If you missed it, don't worry. Like all things Food Network, it will repeat ad infinitum, ad nauseam. (Looks like the next airing is September 5, 2009, at 6 p.m. ET.)