The blog Always Hungry New York goes eatin' slices around the Empire State Building in this post of six pizzerias near the landmark. This area is shit for pizza, but if you're stranded in the area or are touristing and don't want to hike out to a better pizza neighborhood, AHNY recommends Little Italy (Fifth Avenue and 33rd Street) and Squisito (34th Street, between Madison and Park avenues).
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques