Lou T's Margherita Pizza
Chuck G.'s Pizza
Pizzasnob's Clam & Olive Pizza
I used Lahey's no-knead pizza dough recipe for the crust and baked the pizza on top of an inverted cast iron grill under my gas-oven broiler. I used my own recipe for the sauce:
- 3 cloves of sliced garlic slowly softened in olive oil
- Shucked/roughly chopped 6 clams and poured the clam juice into the garlic/olive oil mix until it reduced down
- Tossed in 2 puréed fresh Roma tomatoes and cooked on high until it resembled hot cereal in consistency
- Topped the stretched dough with the sauce, some chopped kalamata olives, the chopped clams, bufala mozzarella, and shaved pecorino romano
- Baked it under the broiler for 2 minutes, turned it, and let it toast another 2 minutes
- Topped with some basil leaves from my windowsill basil plant
Hope I "topped that" in a Slice-worthy manner!
Brooks "Pizza Commander" Jones's Buffalo Mozzarella Neapolitan Pie
My Inner Fatty's Bacon, Sausage, and Red Pepper Pizza
Foolish Poolish's Margherita
Jules's Ham, Mascarpone, and Arugula Pizza
"Ingredients are tomato sauce, ham, mascarpone, and arugula. This is a reconstruction of the best pizza I have ever had. It came out of a wood oven at my cousin’s house in the mountains of Lucca, Italy. It was the best thing in the world. This is just a tribute. To make it, you need to roll out pizza dough out very thin. Then cover it with tomato sauce and ham, preferably prosciutto, but normal ham works out fine, too. Ignore the directions on your pizza dough recipe: Put the oven up as high as it'll go and preheat it properly. Then slide the pizza into the oven until the corners start to just blacken and the ham curls up from crispness. Top with generous portions of mascarpone and arugula.
"Awesome. Every bit as good now as on the mountain."