A Hamburger Today
'Slice' Poll: Pineapple Pizza - Way or No Way?
More Slice Polls!
• Dessert Pizza: Way or No Way? »
• What Do You Season Your Slice With? »
• Is It Pizza If It Doesn't Have Cheese? »
• Chicken Pizza: Way or No Way? »
• Do You Make Pizza at Home? »
• Do You Eat Your Pizza Crusts? »
• What Do You Drink with Pizza? »
• Leftovers: Do You Eat It Cold or Reheat? »
• What's Your Favorite Pizza Style? »
• How Many Slices Is "Lunch"? »
• Do You Fold Your Slice? »
• Most Important: Crust, Sauce, Toppings? »
• How Often Do You Eat Pizza? »
I think that when we started doing "Way or No Way" polls on Slice, you, dear reader, knew somewhere in the back of your mind that this day would come. Yes, this week's poll takes on perhaps one of the most controversial topics in all pizzadom: pineapple as pizza topping.
What's that? You didn't know pineapple on pizza was a big deal? Ah, lemme guess — you're not a New Yorker, are you?
You see, for some reason, New Yorkers have an almost visceral reaction to pineapple pizza. "That's not pizza," is the most common (and probably the most polite) refrain you'll hear when the topic is broached. Ziti-topped pizza seems to get a pass (you never hear it denounced so vociferously), and chicken on a pizza seems to be making inroads. But, for Gothamites, pineapple on a slice or pie seems to violate the very nature of what New York–style pizza is all about.
So, without further ado, this week's Slice poll: Pineapple pizza — way or no way? »
Stay tuned to Slice ... Later in the day, Girl Slice herself will drop by with a guest editorial on pineapple pizza. Think you know which way she'll go? Update (1:45 p.m.): She just posted — "Pineapple Pizza. I Love It. Get Over It" »