Pizza Snack: Doritos Collisions, Pizza Cravers and Ranch Tortilla Chips
Stick the word pizza on your snack-food item, and Slice is sure to buy it. The latest pizza-but-not-pizza thing I saw at the supermarket was Doritos Collisions Pizza Cravers/Ranch flavor.
The Collisions line features two flavors in one bag. The four combinations are Hot Wings/Blue Cheese, Zesty Taco/Chipotle Ranch, Habañero/Guacamole, and Cheesy Enchilada/Sour Cream.
Hey, they look like Doritos! Fancy that. The darker chips are the pizza-flavored ones.
Flavorwise, they're marginally pizzalike. There's a hint of tomato, a barely discernible hint of pizza seasonings, and a cheese profile that's more Parmesan than mozzarella.
We've discussed the phenomenon of ranch dressing on pizza before, so I hardly think it's a coincidence that the Doritos folk put these two flavors on a crash course with each other. And there was only one logical thing to do:
Totally not the same as this:
And maybe that's a good thing.
If you haven't seen it already...
• Totino's Pizza Rolls: Gotta Love 'Em! »
• SuperPretzel Pizza Pretzelfils »
• Poll: Do You Eat Pizza-Flavored Snacks »
• Pizza Balls. Yes, We Said Balls »
• How to Make a Pizza-Themed Cake »
• Recipe: Pizza Cups »
• Video: Surreal Pizza Rolls Commercial »
• How to Make a Pizzarito »
• Pretz Japanese Pizza Snacks »