For this installment of the Pieman's Craft, we talked to Nate Appleman of Pulino's Bar & Pizzeria in New York City to see how he makes the Salsiccia, one of the signature breakfast pizzas there. An indulgent pie perfect for sharing in the morning or at brunch, it's topped with mozzarella and grana padano cheeses, bacon, sausage uncannily reminiscent of the Jimmy Dean variety, and a couple of eggs.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Easy Cocktails: 35 Simple, 3-Ingredient Drinks to Make at Home
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous-Vide Chicken Breast
- The Food Lab: These Fried Chicken Sandwiches Take Only 5 Ingredients to Make