I just had to draw your attention to this wonderful portrait of Di Fara Pizza's Dom DeMarco by artist Eddie Cohen. It appears in Eddie's gallery "Old Men at Sea." He took it at Di Fara, rigging up a DIY "studio" with some light box material and using the natural light that pours in from the windows of the pizzeria. Anyone who's been to Di Fara often enough will recognize the look Eddie's captured here. It's a rare sort of playfulness Dom shows sometimes when he's not busy, busy, busy churning out pizza and turns instead to gently razzing a customer.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- 24 Recipes for a Perfect Valentine's Day Dinner at Home
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique