I just had to draw your attention to this wonderful portrait of Di Fara Pizza's Dom DeMarco by artist Eddie Cohen. It appears in Eddie's gallery "Old Men at Sea." He took it at Di Fara, rigging up a DIY "studio" with some light box material and using the natural light that pours in from the windows of the pizzeria. Anyone who's been to Di Fara often enough will recognize the look Eddie's captured here. It's a rare sort of playfulness Dom shows sometimes when he's not busy, busy, busy churning out pizza and turns instead to gently razzing a customer.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast