I just had to draw your attention to this wonderful portrait of Di Fara Pizza's Dom DeMarco by artist Eddie Cohen. It appears in Eddie's gallery "Old Men at Sea." He took it at Di Fara, rigging up a DIY "studio" with some light box material and using the natural light that pours in from the windows of the pizzeria. Anyone who's been to Di Fara often enough will recognize the look Eddie's captured here. It's a rare sort of playfulness Dom shows sometimes when he's not busy, busy, busy churning out pizza and turns instead to gently razzing a customer.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Everything You Can Do With a Can of Coconut Milk