The other day, I shared a video on how to turn your pizza box into a solar oven. Turns out BuzzFeed also came out a round-up of some DIY pizza box tutorials..."15 Awesome Things You Can Make With A Stupid Pizza Box," to be exact (shakes fist at sky). A few of them are actually pretty neat innovations; most of them are still just pizza boxes. Here's their full rundown, in case you're curious:
- DIY Laptop Stand: Fold it up all crazy and hope it doesn't break!
- Cat Bed: Step 1, put it on the floor. Step 2, put your cat in it. If you don't have a cat, you should probably buy one, or this bed will go to waste.
- Solar Oven »
- Square Ring Flash »
- Kiddy Easel »
- Table Soccer »
- XBox 360 Arcade Game Controller »
- Pizza Bib: Open the box in your lap. Eat pizza.
- Cardboard Clocks: Draw a clock on the box and secure the hands with a pushpin. Adjust every 60 seconds.
- Crafty Birds Nest: Put some twigs in the box. Now it's a bird's nest.
- Battleshots: Yes, that is battleship with shots. On a pizza box board.
- Desktop Drawers »
- "Prettier" Pizza Boxes: Paint the boxes. Now they are prettier.
- Skee-Ball(ish) Game »
- "Wall Art" (a.k.a. "wall art").
- Pizza Box Gym: Fill up a pizza box with a bunch of rocks and carry it around for a while.
- Pizza Box Stool: Put your pizza box on a stool and sit on it. Now it's a pizza box stool.
- Pizza Box Table: Get off your pizza box stool and sit next to it on the floor. Now it's a pizza box table.
- Pizza Box Box: Put some stuff in your pizza box and use it like...a box.
- Pizza Box Sign: Write on the inside of the box. Tape it to a stick. Now it's a sign.
- Even Bigger Pizza Box Box-Gym-Stool-Table: Buy this pizza. For the box, obviously.
- Pizza Box TV: Cut out a square from the box and hold the frame in front of your face. Now you're on TV. Need a break? Just nail it to your wall. Now it's a:
- Pizza Box Picture Frame.
But why stop at 15 when there are so many possibilities? Here are few more pizza box inventions, courtesy of yours truly:
About the author: Niki Achitoff-Gray is the editor of Slice and a part-time student at the Institute of Culinary Education. She's pretty big into pizza. Also, she likes offal. A lot.