website to the topic. But try as we might to penetrate the elusive shroud surrounding one of our nation's most beloved foods, what sets one pie above another comes to down to a matter of personal preference—and we wouldn't have it any other way. Our favorite pies of 2013 proudly run the gamut, from buttery Detroiters to bready Sicilians, Neapolitan classics, and a few newfangled hybrids. See them all in the slideshow!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?