website to the topic. But try as we might to penetrate the elusive shroud surrounding one of our nation's most beloved foods, what sets one pie above another comes to down to a matter of personal preference—and we wouldn't have it any other way. Our favorite pies of 2013 proudly run the gamut, from buttery Detroiters to bready Sicilians, Neapolitan classics, and a few newfangled hybrids. See them all in the slideshow!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler