Word Coinage: 'leopard spotting'


"Leopard spotting" on a Kesté pie.

Friend of Slice Pizzablogger uses a word from the pizza-crit lexicon that I've never heard before: leopard spotting, obviously a reference to the little blisters of charred material along the pizza's end crust (or cornicione).

Usage: "I think the quattro formaggio looks very lame, although it has more leopard spotting on the outer edge of the cornicione than the other pictures, which is what I personally prefer."

Pizzablogger picked up the term from Paulie Gee.

But I'm also wondering if you couldn't apply leopard spotting to what you see in an upskirt shot as well:


A "pizza upskirt" from Co. Company.

And maybe even to the little almost-caramelized bits of slightly burnt cheese that I have a fondness for?

Related: The Pizza Upskirt: Toward a New Pizzalogical Lexicon