A reminder, in case you don't already know: Paulie Gee's is opening tonight at 6 p.m. We were able to go to a friends and family night on Saturday at the new Greenpoint wood-oven pizzeria, and our man J. Kenji Lopez-Alt snapped some photos. They're in the gallery above, if you should feel like previewing what you might find tonight.
No word yet on what the opening-night menu might be. When contacted for comment, Mr. Giannone said, "Not yet. I'm up to my ass in alligators."
Update: We now have the menu. It appears after the jump.
60 Greenpoint Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11222 (Franklin/West streets; map)
- Seasonal greens
- Baby arugula with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and shaved Parmagiano-Reggiano
- Orange slices, sliced red onion, and marsala vinegarette
- Regina: fior di latte, Italian tomatoes, Pecorino Romano, fresh basil; $12
- King Harry: fior di latte, Italian tomatoes, prosciutto di Parma, Pecorino Romano, fresh basil; $15
- The Mootz: fior di latte, chopped fresh garlic, Percorino Romano, sea salt; $13
- Delboy: fior di latte, Italian tomatoes, soppressata picante, Parmigiano-Reggiano; $14
- Marianna: Italian tomatoes, chopped fresh garlic, Pecorino Romano, sea salt; $10
- Spectacle: fior di latte, speck, sliced red onion, Pecorino Romano; $15
- Greenpointer: fior di Latte, baby arugula, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano; $14
- Parma D'or: fior di latte, baby arugula, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, prosciutto di Parma, shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano; $16
- The Arugula Shmoogala: Italian tomatoes, baby arugula, olive oil, sea salt, shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano; $13 (On Saturday night, this pie was on the specials chalkboard as "The Alexi," which I believe may be named after Mr. Giannone's assistant pizzaiolo, Alex)
- Wines, local craft beers on tap, and bottled specialty beers (beer and wine license pending; coming soon)
- Soft drinks, etc., $2
- Dr. Brown's, $2
- Manhattan Special, $2
- Coke & Diet Coke, $2
- Canada Dry Ginger Ale, $2
- Nutella and sliced Bosc pears, $7
- Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice cream, $5
Seasonal and local specials offered daily
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.