We just got word via Slice'r Anthony W. that Sal & Carmine's on the Upper West Side has been shuttered by the Department of Health. And photo confirmation comes from Dave Cook of Eating in Translation via his Flickr stream (right).
This is sad news indeed, as Sal & Carmine's has long been one of our favorite slice joints in the city. We've been trying to reach the pizzeria for comment on when it'll be back in commission. No word yet, but we'll keep you posted when we find out.
Sal & Carmine's
2671 Broadway, New York NY 10025 (101/102; map) 212-663-7651
More on Sal & Carmine's and Other UWS Pizza
- Sal and Carmine's: A Post-Sal Pilgrimage »
- Obituary: Rest in Peace, Sal Malanga »
- Sal & Carmine's: Worth the Hertz Surcharge »
- Doctoring Up Sal & Carmine's Take-Out Pies »
- A Tip for T&R Eaters: Order It Well-Done »
- Dean's Pizzeria Only Semiserious »
- A Slice of Heaven: Celeste »
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.