Pizzasnob here. Here's my submission: Clam & Olive Pizza. I've included the main picture resized to your spec, but for the upskirt and cornicione shot, go to this page: http://www.timkang.com/2010/02/clam-olive-pizza/
I used Lahey's no-knead pizza dough recipe for the crust and baked the pizza on top of an inverted cast iron grill under my gas-oven broiler. I used my own recipe for the sauce:
- 3 cloves of sliced garlic slowly softened in olive oil
- Shucked/roughly chopped 6 clams and poured the clam juice into the garlic/olive oil mix until it reduced down
- Tossed in 2 puréed fresh Roma tomatoes and cooked on high until it resembled hot cereal in consistency
- Topped the stretched dough with the sauce, some chopped kalamata olives, the chopped clams, bufala mozzarella, and shaved pecorino romano
- Baked it under the broiler for 2 minutes, turned it, and let it toast another 2 minutes
- Topped with some basil leaves from my windowsill basil plant
Hope I "topped that" in a Slice-worthy manner!
[Yes. I believe you did, Pizzasnob. —The Mgmt.]
How to share your "My Pie" photo: Ideally your photo should be 600 pixels wide. Email it to [email protected]. If you'd like, tell us a little about it. You don't have to go long—just what's on it, what you use to cook it, a link to the recipe(s) you use, whatever you think is relevant, etc. And let us know how you want to be identified on the site, whether by actual name, screen name, or whatever. Hasta la pizza!
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.