Here's a peek at what's hitting the pizza headlines this week:
- Boston just got a new food truck, from the folks behind Sweet Tomatoes Pizza. The thin crust, Neapolitan-style pies are cooked on-site and served by the slice. Right now, the menu offers plain, pepperoni, and "pesto splash," along with a set of weekly specials, all ranging from $3-4. Check the schedule here.
- According to the Motorino Hong Kong facebook page, the pizzeria is "soft opened to the public TODAY and taking walk-ins on a can-do basis." They're urging folks in the neighborhood to stop by. Rest assured, our Hong Kong Slice representative will be doing so imminently.
- Many thanks to Adam Kuban for tweeting this lively post on Reddit. Warning! What happens when you put pizza dough in a hot trunk isn't exactly pretty.
- Yesterday, The Washington Post ran a heartwarming tale of the infectious power of pizza. Author Kate Silver recounts her burgeoning romance with boyfriend Neil...and his pizza obsession. It's so cute, you're not really sure if you hate them or you just want to be them.*
- The 2013 International Pizza Expo wrapped up this week. Six-time World Champion Bruno diFabio won the title of Best Traditional Pizza; Forbes shares some pizza lessons; and the Las Vegas Sun goes behind the pizza freestyle scenes. We'll have more exclusive Pizza Expo coverage coming to you next week, so stay tuned!
*No. You are sure. And it's not the former.
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.